Monday, December 17, 2012

Catarina Maeve Turns TWO!

I know it is cliche and all parents say it, but where did the time go? Wasn't it just yesterday that I brought my tiny 6lb 7oz infant home from the hospital? Now she is a full blown, walking, talking little PERSON. Craziness, I tell you, craziness!


For her birthday we decided to go with a Butterfly and Flowers theme since they are both things she likes and it was easy to find items for decor. I did some digging on Etsy and found a gorgeous invitation from Belle Announcements. Liv was great to work with and I'm so happy with the way they turned out!


I wanted to keep things simple with the menu this year so I made almost everything the night before with my awesome sister-in-law. The day of the party we just had to assemble the sandwiches and finish decorating the cake. 

The Menu

Turkey and Italian Sandwiches on Ciabatta Bread
Homemade Potato Salad
Asian Style Coleslaw
Green Chile Cheesecake with Tortilla Chips
A Fruit Platter with Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Butter Cake with Buttercream Frosting

I also kept the decorations simple. I made a few banners to hang throughout the house and I displayed monthly pictures from Rini's 2nd year in our sunroom. I grabbed some coordinating fabric from the clearance section at Wal-mart and made a runner for the food table and the gift table. A photo from each month of her second year was hung on bandanna banners behind the present table. 

The Food Table 




Yellow Cake with Buttercream Frosting and Chocolate Chips


DIY Bandanna Banners with Monthly Photos hanging above the gift table


Mommy and the Birthday Girl


The Best Family Photo of the day. Toddlers hate pictures!



Opening your presents in a diaper is entirely appropriate at 2





No comments:

Post a Comment