Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pinterest Inspiration: Nightstand Play Kitchen

I have an unhealthy obsession with Pinterest. It is a great source of inspiration and ideas but also a GIANT time suck. For Christmas Charlie and I decided to make a homemade play kitchen for Rini using ideas I found on Pinterest. It was a relatively easy project just time consuming.


This is the nightstand we used, a $4 Goodwill special that had definitely seen better days. I used a lot of supplies I already had to keep costs low. The paint was leftover from painting the living room in our apartment. The burner covers are old CDs. The hinges for the oven are the original door hinges just reattached on the bottom. The fabric is from an old curtain. I cut it to size and stapled it to the underside of the nightstand.

The items I bought for this project were:

  • A wooden letter J ($2) - I painted it with silver metallic paint and attached it upside down to look like a faucet
  • A metal mixing bowl for the sink ($3)
  • Wooden knobs ($3 for a package of various sizes) - I painted them silver to look like cooktop and faucet knobs
  • A nickel cabinet pull for the stove handle ($6)
  • Ribbed non adhesive shelf liner ($5 for the roll) - stapled into the cut out on the door to look like the viewing window on a stove


I'm in love with the finished product (and Rini thinks it's pretty cool too!)





No comments:

Post a Comment