Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The BEST Whole Wheat Pancakes EVER

Our family loves pancakes, A LOT. We have them at least once a week sometimes more. In my quest to cut processed foods from our diet I started searching for a whole wheat pancake recipe that actually tasted good. After much trial and error I found this recipe on Food.com and I was instantly hooked. These are wicked good. We love to switch up the mix-ins. Some of our favorites are raspberries and chocolate chips, coconut and chocolate chips, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, apples and cinnamon. The possibilities are endless. Try these, you won't regret it!



Whole Wheat Pancakes
From Food.com

Ingredients
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour (I love Bob's Red Mill)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 1 cup buttermilk**
  • 2 large eggs
  • Directions
  • 1. Stir Honey and Oil together in bowl
  • 2. Add milk and eggs, beat well
  • 3. Mix dry ingredients into the liquids until flour is moistened (do not overmix)
  • **I am too cheap and lazy to buy buttermilk. I add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of milk and let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then use it in place of the buttermilk

No comments:

Post a Comment