Sunday, January 27, 2013

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken and Brown Rice Soup

We are admittedly not big soup lovers but when the weather gets frigid like it has been lately a nice bowl of soup is the perfect thing to warm you up. I saw this recipe on Sweet Anna's and I was intrigued by the addition of lemon to chicken soup. My husband loved the flavor of this and has actually requested that I make it again. This is big. He claims to hate soup so I am glad that I have at least one cheap, easy and delicious soup recipe that he enjoys. 




Ingredients:
1 small onion, diced
2 large carrots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups leftover cooked chicken (or raw boneless breast or thighs!)
8 cups chicken stock
salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 cups cooked brown rice
juice of two large lemons

Directions:
Dump everything but the rice into the slow cooker.  Cook on low for 6 hours or until veggies are tender. To serve place cooked rice in bowl and ladle soup over. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment