Monday, January 21, 2013

Super Easy French Bread In the Bread Machine

I love my bread machine. I use it multiple times a week. I'm all about saving money and cooking from scratch and my bread machine helps me achieve that quickly and easily. I actually bought mine used at the thrift store for $7 or $8 and it has been going strong for over a year. Most of the time I use it to make dough and then bake the final product in the oven. I like having more control over the cooking process and find my bread comes out fluffier and it rises better vs when I cook it in the bread machine.

This recipe for French Bread is super easy (hence the title) and it is really tasty. Rini and Charlie love eating it hot out of the oven slathered with butter. I like to use it to make French Bread Pizza or sandwiches.



Ingredients 
Recipe from Food.com
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 4 Cups Bread Flour (I use half unbleached AP flour and half whole wheat)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons Yeast
Directions

Add Ingredients to the pan in the order listed by the manufacturer of your bread machine (mine calls for wet ingredients first followed by the dry ingredients). Run machine on the dough cycle. Shape dough into 2 long skinny loaves and place on a greased baking sheet. Cut slits in the top of dough and allow to rise, covered, in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Brush the top of each loaf with egg white and bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes (loaf is done when light golden brown) 

No comments:

Post a Comment